Building software to enable safe, effective, and equitable healthcare operations at home.
Brought together an engineering team to build a novel community engagement product, setting the cultural and technical vision for the company.
- Create React Native & React Native Web frontend for the user and end-user portions of the flagship community product utilizing React Hooks and CSS-in-JS.
- Built NodeJS backend APIs and infrastructure to support rapid product feature iteration, rolling atomic deployments, as well as the ability to scale from 100 members to 100,000.
Organized the Platform as a Service team - developing the mission, vision, capabilities, and roadmap to encourage a high performing team with a strong sense of ownership.
- Develop cross-functional initiatives migrating Venmo to a distributed architecture.
- Provide technical leadership to bring service reliability from 90% to 99.999% - from 73 hours to less than 30 seconds of downtime per month.
- Coordinate multiple D&I recruiting initiatives to improve representation of traditionally underrepresented groups in the Venmo hiring pipelines.
Understanding the human element behind threats to manage the risks they pose.
- Built the Hivemind deception and threat intelligence platform using Node, Kafka, Tensorflow, Postgres, and ElasticSearch to support real-time personalization encouraging intruders to engage so they could be fingerprinted and tracked.
- Assisted both domestic and international law enforcement agencies on cybercrime cases, leading to the discontinuation of malicious activity against 10,000+ of victims.
- JavaSpring, Hibernate, Dropwizard, Storm, Spark
- PHPLaravel, Symfony
- SQLMySQL, T-SQL, PostgreSQL, CockroachDB
- PythonDjango, AsyncIO, Twisted, Pandas, Flask, Keras, Tornado, Celery, Heron
- InfrastructureLinux, Terraform, Pulumi, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Puppet, Chef, AWS, Cloudformation
- NoSQLHBase, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, DynamoDB, Cassandra
- CSSCSS3, SASS, LESS
- PerlMojolicious, CGI
- CC11, C99, CMake